Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lizzie - Day 11 Junk Days


Day 9 – Mon May 7:
Weight: 122.0
Exercise: 4 mi run (33:55)
Food: 1520 calories. 12.3% protein, 20.1% fat, 57.2% carbs
I had oatmeal with milk, popcorn, cranberry juice, chocolate caramel Powerbar, lots of jellybeans, Pop chips, jasmine rice, coconut water, Morningstar fake meat patty with an egg.

Day 10 – Tues May 8:
Weight: 121.5
Exercise: none (I worked during the day, and when I came home I changed into my workout clothes… and fell asleep on the couch instead. I just felt like a zombie from lack of sleep and didn’t have the energy)
Food: 1875 calories. 9.3% protein, 31.3%fat, 54.6% carbs
I had oatmeal with milk, banana, orange, cheese balls (basically like Cheetos, there was a huge container of them in the breakroom today), jellybeans, Pop chips, Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal (I got a free sample in the mail – didn’t taste at all like oatmeal!), and for dinner I had asparagus with alfredo sauce – we made it with heavy cream, fresh parmesan, and bacon (it’s sooooo good!) with mashed cauliflower, ½ orange, and a handful of jellybeans.

Super delicious dinner! I definitely went back for more alfredo sauce.

Day 11 – Wed May 9:
Weight: 121.0
Exercise: none (I had work in the morning, home long enough to finish my hw, then class in the evening)
Food: 1825 (pretty big estimate)
I had Kashi Heart2 Heart cereal with milk for breakfast, a banana, 2 bites of cake, handful of jellybeans, sandwich I made from a bread roll, egg, and mayo, orange, 3 cookies, Popchips, another handful of jellybeans, a small plate of jasmine rice with asparagus and chicken, 1/3 bowl of ramen, peanut butter chocolate chip Larabar.




As you can see, the last three days have been very unhealthy for me. You can see why I gave up sweets for Lent! I mean well with my diet, but once I have junk in my possession I annihilate it! It hurts me in so many ways. Staying within my calories goals is a lot harder when you’re eating fake foods! The last few days was a bad combination of munchies while studying/doing homework, poor time management with homework so I snack for longer and don’t give myself time to exercise, not having been to the grocery store in 2 weeks so there’s less healthy things to go to, junk food replacing the healthier food I would’ve had, and letting those snacks be available and tempting to me in the first place. At least that junk is now out of the house, save for some Pop chips and Larabars, which are a little easier for me to eat in moderation.

I need to find a balance between giving up sweets and inhaling them! For the rest of this challenge I’m going to give up candy and I will definitely not be buying any or eating any more junk in the breakroom at work.
If I I’m craving something sweet, my priorities will be:
  • first have a piece of fruit
  • make something sweet – homemade Laraballs, shake that has cocoa powder, any other dessert that’s homemade so I know what’s in it and no corn syrup, soybean oil, or chemicals
  • have a square or two of dark chocolate (no more!)
  • only get desserts out if they’re a specialty (i.e. there’s a Taiwanese bakery in Irvine called 85C Bakery and the desserts/breads there are amazing! The chocolate chip bowl tastes like pure heaven!! It takes 45min minimum to get in the door, grab what you want, and wait in line again to pay so I’ve only been a few times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment