Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ally - Day 7 Balancing Act

I find your lack of training disturbing.

Happy Star Wars Day to everyone yesterday, and Happy Cinco de Mayo/Revenge of the Fifth today :) This week has been a rollercoaster of figuring out finals/final projects, practices/dress rehearsals, and school/planning but not following through on work outs, AND its a race week. Lizzie, Dad and I are racing in the OC Wahoo's 5k tomorrow morning. It will be my 5th 5k and I was pretty excited for this one since I had a great PR on my last 5k and 10k and I would be racing with Lizzie so I could see if I could keep up with her, especially since I was only about forty seconds behind her in our last 10k, the Great Race of Agoura Hills. Unfortunately I did not train nearly as much as I had originally planned, so we'll see how tomorrow pans out. Most of the reason excuse for this week was I didn't have enough time with all the school work I had leading up to finals for the semester, and I am a procrastinator so of course I have all the work to do at the last minute so I skip working out in the morning to finish assignments. Of course I know that however I try to justify what happens with excuses, I realize that they are just that: excuses. I have been able to balance school and work and exercise in the past and I know it can be done. I've learned ways to control my eating now I need to control my time management. I'm looking forward to all my classes and finals being over so I will have plenty of time to run, work out, bike, swim, hike, and do lots of reading :)

5/1 Tuesday
Weight: 132.0 Sleep: 10 hours Steps: 6,020 Water: 63oz Calories: 1179
Quaker Instant Oatmeal. leftover Mahi Mahi filet
Apple
Yoplait frozen Key Lime coconut covered bites (the whole package :P)
Larabar cherry bar
(Spent most of the day at the Biggest Loser finale. I've been meaning to make a vlog or something about my experience there, maybe now that it's written down I'll actually do it ;) )

5/2 Wednesday
Weight: 132.4 Sleep: 5:40 hours Steps: 12,795 Water: 113 oz Calories: 1325 Carbs: 178.5g Protein: 69.5g Fat: 46g
Turkey, Ham & Cheese Lean Pocket
(I try to stay away from most 'nuke and go' frozen meals because they are processed but when you're really in a hurry they work out)
Banana, 4 oz cherry yogurt, baby carrots, orange
Sandwich: sandwich thin, egg, peanut butter
1/2 cup Cottage cheese, 1/2 avocado
1/2 toasted sandwich thin
1/2 cup greek yogurt, 3/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp! Cereal

5/3 Thursday
Weight: 131.6 Sleep: 6:40 hours Steps: 9,153 Water: 105 oz Calories: ~1500 Carbs: ~250g Protein: ~60g Fat: ~22g
(The total amounts for the day are a bit guesstimated because there were some snacks that were difficult to account for)
Quaker Instant Oatmeal, 1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 Costco Parmesan Bagel (unfortunately my favorite bagel isn't good for you, huge at 330 cal in a whole one and it has high fructose corn syrup), 1 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
Group presentation samples (in my Health, Safety, and Nutrition of Children class we have a group project where we make a healthy snack we could make together with a bunch of kids)
Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwich
1 cup Progresso Soup
Costco Parmesan Bagel
(went and saw the Avengers but couldn't stay awake :/ )
Milk, Cereal

5/4 Friday
Weight: 131.9 Sleep: 8:30 hours Water: 66oz Calories: ~1438 Carb: 184.5g Protein: 48g Fat: 49g
1 cup Crispy Rice cereal, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup blueberries
2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
Honey & Spice Banana Muffin *homemade!*
3 pcs Pubhouse Battered Cod, salad (lettuce, arugula, carrots, cucumber, tomato), Trader Joe's raspberry vinaigrette
Starbucks Mocha Light Frappucino (saw Avengers again and wanted to make sure I saw the whole thing :D )
Breakfast wrap
crackers w/ sundried pesto

Honey and Spice Banana Muffins
We had some bananas that were getting a bit mushy, and I noticed that the recipe on the side of our Bran Flakes cereal box had a recipe for Banana muffins. Finding recipes already on products is similar to the "If you give a Mouse a Cookie" storybook for me. I had originally bought the Bran Flakes to make a Baked Tilapia recipe, and then when I was making the muffins I noticed on the whole wheat flour package there's a recipe for Whole Wheat Apricot and Raisin Bread... sounds yummy. So the muffins turned out delicious, and once they were done it was hard to limit myself to just one :)


Tonight I am performing in the Ode to Joy choir and orchestra concert at Moorpark College at 8pm, which is going to be fantastic, and then heading straight to Lizzie's place and hopefully get enough rest for the morning! Wish us good weather, good traffic, and fast feet! My last 5k time on 3/17 at the LA Big 5k was 28:02, and my last 10k time on 3/24 at the Great Race of Agoura Hills was 56:36. I'll try for a PR at least, even if I can't chase Lizzie all the way to the finish!




No comments:

Post a Comment