Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead

Today I watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead" on Hulu and I wanted to share. It's about this guy's personal story and how he had a pretty big gut and an autoimmune disease that was caused by his added weight. He decides to make a change for himself, starting with a 60 day juice fast as he drives across America to meet people and learn about their eating habits. Along the way he loses a huge amount of weight and gains so much energy from all the fruits and veggies he's taking in, and he also convinces a few others to try it. I liked that although he is definitely a big supporter of juice fasts/cleanses and suggests others do it too, the movie as a whole was more about getting yourself healthy and eating right overall.

The movie really makes me want to go juice a bunch of fruits and veggies! Bach has talked about wanting a juicer, but I always thought it was an unnecessary since I feel like you get more out of the food in its whole form. Some juicers keep all the pulp and rind and everything, but the act of grinding it down still reduces the amount of work your body naturally does and decreases the volume of your food, so you're more likely so to have higher calories. However, now that I've seen this movie, I can see the huge amount of fruits and veggies that get put into their juice, and I realize that I would never consume that many normally, and eating more fruits and veggies than normal can never be a bad thing. I eat healthy enough that I don't need a 10 Day Detox, which I don't think is truly healthy anyway, but if I drank homemade juice once a day or several times a week that would be awesome! (Plus since it seems like a great tool in this challenge!)

Watch while it's still on Hulu!

The movie's website http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment